Annual Toy Drive for Texas Children’s Hospital and Toys for Tots
Annual Shelter Animal Food Drive for CAPS Citizens for Animal Protection Services
Annual Food Drive for the Houston Food Bank and Katy Christian Ministries
ANNUAL DONATIONS MADE TO:
BRIDES AGAINST BREAST CANCER
Brides Against Breast Cancer (“BABC”) was founded in 1997. Since 2017 BABC has been located in Atlanta.The current Volunteer Executive Director became involved after his wife bought her wedding dress from BABC in 2015.BABC generates over half its funding from reselling donated wedding dresses and acting as a social enterprise charity. Examples of related social enterprise organizations include Tom’s Shoes, Life is Good, Beauty Counter, etc.
Conscientious consumers like this engaging approach as all aspects benefit:
– Dress Donors help a charity.
– Charity generates funds from sales.
– Dress Buyers get a big discount.
– Our earth is preserved with recycling.
BRIDES ACROSS AMERICA
Brides Across America (BAA) is a non-profit committed to loving one another by gifting weddings and wedding gowns to our military & first responders.Whether it's for love of country or love at the altar, our military and first repsonders deserve our very best. Since 2008, Brides Across America has played a role in making their dreams come true by giving a military or first responder bride a free wedding gown during an “Operation Wedding Gown Event”.To date we have gifted over 26,000 wedding dresses and over 25 free weddings. Each year we host dozens of Operation Wedding Gown giveaway events at participating bridal salons nationwide. Events are held in July (around Independence Day) and November (around Veteran's Day).
GOWNS FOR A CAUSE
Gowns for a Cause is a new non-profit 501(c)3 community service organization whose story began in 2013. We collect donations of new and like-new bridal and formal gowns and accessories that are rented in our bridal boutique in Edinburg TX & online.
The money raised from both the boutique and the online rentals along with monetary donations helps us fulfill our mission. Our boutique not only offers a chance to less fortunate women, but it provides our shoppers the amazing opportunity to shop for a worthy cause, while also renting their dream gown at a fraction of the cost!
We are dedicated to empowering women in need to change their lives and of those around them.
Our mission is to:
- Provide jobs for local women escaping abuse.
- Allocate Real Estate for temporary shelter and safe housing for women and children victims of domestic violence. Currently there is no such housing in our area.
- Distribute gowns to disadvantaged women that cannot afford one for special moments such as prom or their wedding day.
- Support other non-profits financially, that are catalysts for positive change, with a focus in gender equality, education, healthcare, leadership, and technology to break down social and economic barriers.